Thursday 15 June 2017



BAKED PLANTAIN CHIPS


Hi folks, today I want to share with you my BAKED PLANTAIN CHIPS recipe.


I’ve realised every trip I make to the grocery, my nephew and niece love the snack isle, particularly they fight over plantain chips.

Sometimes, we need to let children chose their snacks for themselves. As  parents and caregivers we are to give them advice and educate them on their selections or choices.

So, I had a really nice talk with them about the kinds of chips they were choosing, and of course they did not want to hear anything I had to say…. So what I did was….I made them myself at home and they absolutely loved it…as usual.

                          Things you need:

2 half ripe plantain or (firmness of your choice)

½ teaspoon salt

1 baking dish



This is how I like to use the plantains. Not too green , neither too ripe.

                            Instructions:

1. Peel plantain and slice very thinly in circles ( 1/16 inch thick)

2.  Place in baking tray


3. Pre heat over to 375 degrees

4. Bake for 15- 20 minutes until chips have crisped up a bit and are golden brown.

5. Take out of oven and allow to cool


6. Add salt ( remember do not add too much as this is a contributory factor for hypertension)

You can place them in zip lock bags and the kids can have them as an evening snack or simply take them to school.

NB  My nephew and niece like things a bit spicy so I added cayenne and blackpepper to it as well.

Let me know what you all think .
Stay tuned folks :)


6 comments:

  1. Tried this from you and it was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Mongroo15 June 2017 at 12:58

    Another great way to encourage the healthier type of snacks for kids. I found this a good way because its showing them healthy options without forcing them. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting and informative as I fry my plantain chips. Will definitely try baking next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant wait to try this homemade recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about if i use an air fryer instead of baking?

    ReplyDelete

Dinner # 3

DINNER IDEA #1 THE SIPDER GUY Let’s face it- kids hate to eat vegetables! But with time and creative ideas and PATIENCE they...